Duration :3 years
Eligibility : 10 + 2 with Mathematics and/or Statistics
Why the Program – Background information about that domain
- There is a huge demand for business analytics job in India.
- Many Fortune 500 companies employ professionals to solve compound business problems and obtain analytics solutions.
- An analysis of over 250 engagements over a five-year period reveals that companies that use business analytics insights to make data-driven marketing and sales decisions improve their marketing return on investment (MROI) by 15–20%.
- Analytics, data science and big data industry in India is expected to grow seven times in the next seven years. It is estimated to become a 20 billion dollar industry in India by 2025.
- The prediction from Ministry of Labour that by 2020, the e-commerce market will grow for more than $50B in India alone, implies more data for business analytics.
- Major industries like banking, consumer products, energy, government, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals rely on the Data Analytics for mining and analysing the data.
The Program – Information about what the program is about
BBA Business Analytics is a blend of interdisciplinary fields of Statistics, IT and Data management to be applied to business in order to draw inference from data in various forms. It provides sound academic base for advanced career in Business Analytics, sets up a spring board for challenging career in the field of predictive data analytics. Special features of the program are:
- Program offers flexibility to students in making their career choices in either of the niche areas or in a combination of them
- Unique learning path that teaches technical skills, enhances non-technical skills that are topped-up with orientation by industry experts thus significantly improving Industry Readiness Quotient
- Offers opportunities for Value Added Programs that compliments learning through academic curriculum
- Acquire knowledge of fundamental concepts, design strategies, technical architecture, infrastructure requirements, services, deployment model, tools and techniques required in Big Data Analytics through syllabus designed in alignment with latest trends
- Accelerate understanding through application-oriented and student-centric learning
- Augment curriculum with pragmatic approach through projects, knowledge exchange forums and sessions by professionals
Careers – Possible career opportunities after the program
The core business analyst role is that of an internal consultancy role that has the responsibility for investigating business situations, identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems, defining requirements and ensuring the effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business.
- Business Analyst,
- Data Scientist,
- Data Analyst,
- Analytics Manager,
- Data Engineers,
- Research Analyst,
- Data Base Administrators,
- Data Architect