Duration :3 Years
Eligibility : 12th Pass Any Stream
Covering – what you will gain from this program, what you will explore as part of the program, what the graduates go on to become
- What will you gain from this program?
Tech skill shortages are not commonplace, and India is not alone in this regard. According to the National Association of Software and Service Businesses, ‘the demand and supply analysis study,’ there is a global skills deficit. BCA Media & IT program can provide students with a strong foundation in both media and information technology, which can lead to various career opportunities in the digital media industry. Graduates of this program can work in fields such as web development, Application & mobile app development, digital marketing, content creation, social media management, and more. Additionally, the program can also help students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills, which are valuable in any profession.
- 2. What will you explore as part of the program?
a. Tech skill shortages are not commonplace, and India is not alone in this regard. According to the National Association of Software and Service Businesses, ‘the demand and supply analysis study,’ there is a global skills deficit. BCA Media & IT program can provide students with a strong foundation in both media and information technology, which can lead to various career opportunities in the digital media industry. Graduates of this program can work in fields such as web development, Application & mobile app development, digital marketing, content creation, social media management, and more. Additionally, the program can also help students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills, which are valuable in any profession.
- What will you explore as part of the program?
- Knowledge: Deep understanding of fundamentals of Programming Languages C, C++, C#, Java and Python, Introducing to the Game and VFX production Pipeline and Software Development process.
- Problem Solving: Identify and analyze complex problems and provide solutions, which might be very unique for every project.
- Tools Usage: Work effectively with modern tools used in the software and IT industry.
- Skill set: Demonstrate the ability to develop various software and tools for different applications.
- Design and development of solutions: Creative and innovative design and development skills to develop and implement new ideas.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a team to work in the efficient in software and IT industry.
- Life-long learning: Work in any work environment with highest level of proficiency and in depth knowledge of Programming art and software’s which are used in IT Industry. Also constantly updating the knowledge with respect to industry standards and the rapid technological development.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms in the field of technology.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on activities with the society at large, such as, being able to make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- What do the graduates go on to become?
- Software Developer
- Software Tester
- Network Engineers etc.
- Game Testers
- RotoPaint Artists etc.
What will you experience?
Program Highlights – covering – Salient Features of the program, 5-to 10 points, program USP and few program outcomes
- Project and Output Oriented course structure
- Industry-relevant practical exposure to the IT & Media industry and hands-on experience with various programming languages for developing applications.
- Empowering students with technical skills and knowledge required to work in the field of media and information technology.
- Providing students with the competencies and skills needed to develop applications for any platform using different programming languages.
- Exposing the students to the industry through various workshops conducted by industry professionals and experts
- Faculty of experienced professors and certified trainers
- Events such as interclass coding & gaming competitions and board game expos are hosted to simulate end user feedback for the students
- Students are taken to influential IT & Media industry & other technical events to further their knowledge and exposure
- Practical assignments and projects are assigned to give the students for gaining hands-on experience.
- Hands on experience and learning of new technologies such as cloud, AR and VR technologies, VFX productions pipeline etc.
Ideal Skills & Qualities for this Program
Nature of prospective students
- Basic Understanding of Programming.
- Being a good learner & eager to learn new technologies will be an advantage.
Career & Opportunities
For what career options does this program prepare, what is the career outlook of the industry, names of companies where previous graduates have been employed, occupation that the students got (in case of new program, nature of potential employers and nature of potential occupations)
- Assistant Technical Director (Visual Effects and Game Development)
- Software Developer
- Software Tester
- Programmer Analyst
- Quality Testing Engineer
- Information Security Analyst
- Data Analyst
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Networking Engineer
- Java Developer
- .net Developer
- Game Tester
What will you study?
Module names of the program, year and semester wise
Year 1 – Semester 1
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Programming in C
- Computer Architecture & Organization
- Introduction to Linux
- Communicative English –I
Year 1 – Semester 2
- Programming using C++
- Data Structure
- Programming in Java
- Database management system
- Operating system
- Software Engineering
Year 2 – Semester 3
- Programming in Python
- Numerical Techniques and Optimization Methods
- Production Pipeline for Game and VFX
- Interpersonal Communication
- Web Technology
- Introduction to Stop Motion Animation or Introduction to Augmented Reality (AR) or Virtual Reality (VR)
Year 2 – Semester 4
- Data Communication & Computer Networks
- Advanced Python Lab
- Project organization
- Tools and Techniques used in Game & VFX – I
- VFX Production Process
- Programming Concept using Construct or Level Design Through Game Editors
Year 3 – Semester 5
- Advanced Java Lab
- Artificial Intelligence
- Game production process
- Render management.
- Tools and Techniques used in Game and VFX – II
- Game Testing
Year 3 – Semester 6
- Major Project / Internship
How will you be taught?
Methods deployed in teaching the program such as lectures, workshops, seminars, group sessions, presentations, discussion, research, tutorial, practical, etc.
- 1. Programming, Research & Presentation
- 2. Semester projects and discussions
- 3. Practical’s
- 4. Workshops/ Seminars
- 5. Study tours and studio visits
- 6. Internship
Teaching Staff Profiles
Names and brief profiles of faculty
- 1) Shoeb Ahmed Khan – Asst. Professor
Specialization – Programming & Game Development Faculty
Shoeb is a Post Graduate in Computer Science & Engineering and has worked in the Software industry and academia for more than twelve years of experience. He is also a subject Matter Expert and content writer on Game development subjects for foreign universities. He is a certified trainer in soft skills, deep learning & software coding technologies. Having industry experience is reflected in his teaching as most of his sessions are a hands-on approach to academics which helps students understand and transition to work easier.
- 2) Mohd. WajahatullahNaseem – Asst. Professor
Specialization – Game Programming and Development
Wajahatullah has more than eleven years of job experience as a faculty. He has worked on 15+ projects. He has been teaching various coding subjects, including C & C#. His areas of interest include artificial intelligence, software coding technologies C, C++, C#, Python, and the Unity gaming engine. In addition, he also holds a Master’s Degree and currently pursuing a PhD degree from SGBAU University. He is enthusiastic about gaming and game development. He is a gaming aficionado who prefers to play role-playing, action, adventure, first-person shooter, racing games and board games. He is also an audiophile and loves to read about cutting edge technologies.
- 3) Abid Shaikh – Teaching Associate
Specialization – Game Designer & 3D Artist
Abid Shaikh is a stalwart in the animation industry with a career spanning over 12 years. During this time, he has donned many caps, including that of an animation artist, rigging artist, and even a role where he helped educate production staff. Abid’s work capabilities include Maya, Motion Builder, Vicon, and Production Manager. Abid has two 3D movies (Chandarani …A Dream to Reality and Sonam …AurSaathAjube) under his belt as a technical lead and project manager. Over time, he also amassed a prowess for game programming and development and applied his history with 3D in these facets of video game creation. His diversity and longevity in the industry make him the perfect man to assume the mantle of the Game Art, Design, and Development department.
How you will spend your time
Nature of activities, schedules that will unfold once the course begins
- Regular Lectures
- Practical’s & Projects
- Study Tours (IT & Media Companies)
- Coding Jams
- Coding & Game Day
A Typical week
How the student will spend a typical week in the program
- Regular Lectures followed by class practice
- Semester Projects Updates
- Doubt Clearing sessions as required
Short video of 2/3 students
Activities for this program
Clubs, Guest Lectures, Industry Visits, National and International competition, etc.
- 1. Workshops by Industry Experts
- 2. Guest Lectures by Professionals
- 3. Seminars by Programs Experts
- 4. Coding competitions or Poster Making Competitions based on Festivals/Occasion
- 5. 24 /48 Hours coding or Game Jam
- 6. Application Development in a Week
- 7. Global coding & Game Day
For payment of fees (DD, Cheque, Online bank transfer):
Ajeenkya D Y Patil Uni Seamedu Escrow account