Duration :3 years
Eligibility : 12th Pass Any Stream
A recent report by IMARC Group estimates that the global gaming market growth reached a value of US$ 118.7 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 204.6 billion by 2020-2025. India is becoming an important candidate in the gaming industry very fast, primarily because India has demonstrated the technical and creative skill sets and professional expertise to meet international game development needs, at competitive costs. Ease of communication due to the facility with the English language also puts India in a top position in the global competition. It is no surprise therefore to see that the youth in India is increasingly seeing Game Development as a viable and serious career with ample room for growth.
- Introduction and difference between Game Art and Game Design concepts
- A full-time interactive course that focuses on traditional as well as the latest art concepts in illustration and drawing
- In-depth understanding of Game Design and also building your own board game
- Learning how to handle work pressure by doing 24hrs and 48hrs game jams
- Industry-standard facilities with good configuration computers and gaming consoles
- In-depth understanding of 3D work like creating 3D characters, 3D game environments, 3D game assets for creating a computer or mobile game
- Industry workshops every month, which help a student to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- The students are exposed to the entire production cycle of a game. Lectures across Game Design, Game Art, Sound Design, Basics of Game Development, and Publishing
- Understanding storyboarding for games
- Working on Game Engines to do Level Design
- Software covered in-depth: Maya, Photoshop, Unity 3D, Z-Brush
What will you explore as part of the program?
- Design 2D and 3D forms that are based on foundational design principles and reflect the needs and desires of the target audience, contexts, uses and content Design 2D and 3D forms that are based on foundational design principles and reflect the needs and desires of the target audience, contexts, uses and content
- Effectively communicate ideas orally, graphically, physically, and in writing throughout all stages of the design process.
- Effectively implement a cohesive, iterative design process.
- Effectively work on design and art projects in disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams.
- Create a series of original works of art with coherent formal, conceptual, and procedural relationships to one another
- Produce creative works that demonstrate innovation in concepts, formal language, and/or materials
- Analyze, interpret and evaluate the form and content of works of art.
How will you be taught?
- Group projects and discussions
- Workshops/ Seminars
Activities for this program:
- Game Art Club
- Board Game Club
- Game Studio visits
- Global Game Jam
- Game Developers conference
Career & Opportunities:
- Associate Game Designer
- Junior concept artist
- 2D artist
- Junior Animator
- Associate producer
For payment of fees (DD, Cheque, Online bank transfer):
Ajeenkya D Y Patil Uni Seamedu Escrow account