Duration :2 Years
Eligibility : Graduation in Any Stream with 50%
There is a gap in the expectations from the workforce and what level of skill sets it currently has. In the media industry, an opportunity for growth is possible when managers have a good understanding of the standard managerial responsibilities and the skills to handle a media project. The current pain area depicts that management professionals do not have a thorough understanding of Media & Entertainment structures which is a significant disconnect. A course that gives its prospects training for a conventional managerial job and skills and training to manage a media project, might help in furthering the rapid growth of the industry. With the same vision, we, at the Ajeenkya D. Y. Patil, are launching our first MBA in Media Management Program.
What will you explore as part of the program?
- Work closely on different media projects
- Use practical skills for media production of in-house projects.
- Do internships with industry leaders to gain more practical knowledge.
- Experiential pedagogy from experienced and well-versed faculties.
- Industry expert interactions through workshops and Guest lectures.
- Implement the fundamentals of media and communication studies in assignments, projects, and other work
- Troubleshooting and analysis in any given situation from the managerial point of view
- Basic understanding of Accounting and Finance.
- Experiential learning focussed throughout the four semesters
- Taught by industry and academia experts
- A Basic and advanced understanding of Business Ethics, Laws, Communication, and HRM.
- Access to industry experts as Guest Faculties
- Students get to work on in-house projects with our other students.
- Workshops are conducted by industry professionals frequently.
- Internship and placement support
Ideal Skills & Qualities for this Program
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of how equipment can affect the media projects
- The candidates must be aware of basic Economics
- Knowledge of computers
- A Basic understanding of media and/or management
- Outstanding communication skills
Activities for this program
- Frequent Workshops by Industry Professionals.
- Credited Internship from Semester 2.
- Credited Project work in Semesters 1 and 4.
- Work on in-house projects for experiential learning.
How will you be taught?
As the course is designed to be a mix of practical oriented where the student will be spending his/her time on hands-on activities ranging from projects to internships with media houses in all the four semesters as well as classroom activities, which will involve Lectures, Seminars, Presentations, Group discussions & Knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
Career & Opportunities
- Production Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Project Manager
- Manager – Digital Brand Marketing
- Product Manager
- QA Manager
- Artist Manager
- Studio Manager
- Film Marketing Manager
- Business Development
- Marketing Executive Producer
- Show Lead – Content Marketing
- Line Producer
- VR Developers & Editor
- Assignment Desk Executive
For payment of fees (DD, Cheque, Online bank transfer):
Ajeenkya D Y Patil Uni Seamedu Escrow account