Duration :3 years
Eligibility : 12th Pass Any Stream
The global video game market size was valued at USD 151.06 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.9% from 2020 to 2027. Technological proliferation and innovation in both hardware and software are expected to be the key factors driving the growth. With the popularity of some of the games, such as “PUBG” etc. students are looking with interest in the field of game development. Now with global IT companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, etc entering this field the need for specialized game developers will only increase.
- Project and Output Oriented course structure
- Industry-relevant practical exposure to the game and mobile app programming industry and hands-on experience with various tools
- Empowering students with the ability to build multi-platform games using various game engines
- Providing students with the competencies and skills needed to develop mobile applications and games for iOS and Android
- Exposing the students to the industry through various workshops conducted by industry professionals and experts
- Faculty of experienced professors and certified trainers
- Events such as interclass gaming competitions and board game expos are hosted to simulate end-user feedback for the students
- Students are taken to influential game development events to further their knowledge and exposure
- Practical assignments and projects are assigned to give the students hands-on experience
- Hands-on experience and learning of AR and VR technologies through HTC Vive.
What will you explore as part of the program?
- Knowledge: Deep understanding of fundamentals of Programming Languages, Game Engines, Interactive App Development Tools, Game Design & Game Development process.
- Problem Solving: Identify and analyze complex problems and provide solutions, which might be very unique for every project.
- Tools Usage: Work effectively with modern tools used in game development Such as Unity, Unreal Engine, etc
- Skillset: Demonstrate the ability to develop AAA Pc, Console, and Mac base Games, Multiplayer Games, Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Design and development of solutions: Understand the production pipeline and define the exact process to be followed, so encountering the problem percentage will drop down and resolving the limited problem would become simpler during the production process and a working game will be developed.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in producing an efficient game
- Life-long learning: Work in any work environment with the highest level of proficiency and in-depth knowledge of Programming art and software which are used in the Game Industry. Also constantly updating the knowledge concerning industry standards and the rapid technological development.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms in the field of technology.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on activities with the society at large, such as, being able to make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
How will you be taught?
- Research & Presentation
- Semester projects and discussions
- Workshops/ Seminars
- Study tours and studio visits
Ideal Skills & Qualities for this Program:
- Basic Understanding of Programming
- Being a good Game Player will be an advantage
How you will spend your time:
- Regular Lectures
- Practicals & Projects
- Study Tours (Gaming Companies)
- Game Jam
- Game Day
Activities for this program:
- Workshops by Industry Experts
- Guest Lectures by Professionals
- Seminars by Programs Experts
- Game Making Or Poster Making Competitions based on Festivals/Occasions
- 24 /48 Hours Game Jam
- Game in a Week
- Global Game Day
Career & Opportunities:
- 2D 3D Game Developer
- Gameplay Programmer
- C++ / C# Developer
- AI Programmer
- Augmented Reality (AR) Developer
- Virtual Reality (VR) Developer
- Game Designer
- Technical Artist
- HTML 5 Game Developer
- Unity Game Developer
- Unreal Blueprint Developer
- Game Tester