Duration :3 years
Eligibility : 12th Pass Any Stream
The market need for Sound professionals has constantly been multiplying. We are in an era where content is being consumed from personal devices to massive public places. The rise of streaming platforms, games, performance areas, Ed-tech companies, and cinemas with the influence of Artificial Intelligence and Virtual reality is making the learning curve bigger. Sound engineers are needed in the live sound, game audio, film, music industry, television, Streaming industry, education technology companies, audiovisual, acoustic setups, and many more such streams.
- Project Oriented Course
- International certifications included in the curriculum
- AVID, Apple and Ableton certified trainers across all campuses
- In-depth understanding of the Physics of Sound, Recording Studio Operations, Film Sound, Surround Sound Mixing, Live Sound, Music Production
- Access to our professional Music Production Lab to work on any number of personal projects
- Students get to work in our 7.1 recording and mixing studios for college assignments and personal projects
- Workshops conducted by industry professionals almost every weekend
- Events like Music Production Week and Sound Conclave, industry visits, internal competition, etc. help students learn over and above their curriculum
- Internship and placement support
- Individual practical assignments to test the knowledge of students and also help them build confidence in their skills
What will you explore as part of the program?
- Work closely in audio-visual and visual projects
- Use research skills for media content production
- Effectively work in the Advertising and marketing industry
- Intricately involved society and culture in projects
- Implement the fundamentals of media and communication studies in assignments, projects, and other work
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics and computer science specialization to analyze and solve problems.
- Troubleshooting and analysis in any given situation.
- Recording and Mixing: Learn various techniques for recording audio using different consoles in the digital domain or analog domain in the most usable way using different miking techniques.
- Digital Audio Workstations: Learn to use different DAW’s such as Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, and Ableton and use them to make music.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate DAW techniques, and resources for audio purposes depending on the situation.
- Understand different production methods using different DAWs from start to finish for audio.
- Post-production: Learn techniques for post-production for on location, ADR, and mixing for 5.1 and 7.1.
- Understand the acoustic behavior of audio in different environments and remedy it to make it better by using different acoustic treatments.
- Live sound: Understand the workflow and techniques for a live conference, concert, or event. Understanding the equipment and live consoles.
- Life-long learning: Ability to work in any given environment with proficiency and in-depth knowledge of technology and audio.
- Game Sound: Learn techniques of Game Sound Design using FMOD & its integration with UNITY.
How you will spend your time:
- A semester of a student on campus will contain around 320-350 hours of attending classes both theory & practical.
- Students will progress in Specialisation subjects from Semester 1 to 4 where they will strengthen their knowledge in basics to intermediate Sound Engineering Concepts. Semesters 5 & 6 will be learning advanced concepts and executing their Major Projects and Internship/Fieldwork.
- Every Semester will contain 2 Mid Term Examinations and 3 assignments which will be collectively taken as the internal mark which will decide the eligibility of the student to appear for the Semester End Examination.
How will you be taught?
As the course is designed to be practical oriented. The student will be spending 70% of his/her time on campus either in a Recording/Production Studio or the iMac Laboratory working on Projects and University Assignments or attending practical sessions conducted by our stellar faculty team.
Classroom activities will involve Smart Lectures, Seminars, Presentations, Group discussions & Knowledge sharing sessions.
Ideal Skills & Qualities for this Program:
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of how equipment can affect the sound recording
- The candidates must be aware of the sound equipment
- Knowledge of electronics
- Understanding of Information Technology
- Outstanding communication skills
Career & Opportunities:
- Sound Recordist
- Music Arranger
- Sound Editor/Designer
- Live Sound Engineer
- Stereo and Surround Sound Mixing Engineer
- Game Sound Engineer
- Production Audio Mixer
- Assistant Engineer
- Multimedia Developer
- Studio Managers
- Restoration Engineer
- Mastering Engineer
- Studio Designing and Installations
- Stage Manager
- Broadcast Engineer
For payment of fees (DD, Cheque, Online bank transfer):
Ajeenkya D Y Patil Uni Seamedu Escrow account