Duration :3 years
Eligibility : 12th Pass Any Stream
The demand for animation and VFX has expanded with the increase in the emergence of the media sector, gearing up significantly in the sphere of the multimedia ecosystem.
The integration of new OTT services across the existing subscription-based streaming devices among the emerging economies is expected to drive the applications of the animation & VFX sector. The companies are continuously involved in introducing new services for animation and VFX dedicated to OTT content.
The introduction of AI, VR, and AR could boost the global 3D animation market. 3D animators employ artificial intelligence (AI) and natural language processing in conjunction with a cognitive modeling method to enhance and virtualize the animation process to control the simulation and user experience in 3D games.
- Students will learn the fundamentals of drawing to Advanced Sketching techniques.
- Students will learn and be able to practically apply the Pre-Production process in making Animation and VFX films.
- In-depth practical understanding of 3D Production pipeline and VFX Pipeline.
- Creating a 3D environment according to VFX shot and camera handling for shoots.
- Creating 3D assets and characters with photorealistic textures and creating lighting according to VFX shots (to match the real setup)
- Industry workshops every month, which help students to understand what is currently happening in the industry
- Animation Day, VFX Jam, Seamedu awards, etc ., where students come together and create amazing output.
- In-depth understanding of Matte Painting (background) for 3D and VFX shots
- Students will create Short Films (Live action, 2D, 3D) and advertisements (Live action, 2D, 3D) with various Visual effects
- Opportunity to work with our in-house ” Toolbox Studio “.
- Working with film and sound students to create a holistic project and getting insights into sound and live-action films
- Sound knowledge of stereoscopy to create 3D videos including depth.
- Software covered: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Animate CC, Adobe Media Encoder, Autodesk Maya, The Foundry Nuke, Boris FX Silhouette, 3D Equalizer, Z-Brush, the Basic introduction of Unity Game Engine
- Pulling a Green screen key and creating an intermediate background for VFX shots
- Creating effects like particles, fire, water for VFX
How will you be taught?
- Group projects and discussions
- Workshops/ Seminars
- Study tours and studio visits
Ideal Skills & Qualities for this Program:
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Imagination and Organization
- Passion for movies and Arts
- Understanding the on-screen film language
- Strong observation skills
Activities for this program:
- Participation in VFX showcasing programs like Asifa, CG meet up, Tasi, or online seminars.
- Professional expert’s workshop and case study.
- Creating a Project and taking feedback from VFX experts.
- Participation in different national-level competitions if any happen.
Career & Opportunities:
- VFX artist
- Motion graphic artist
- Art director
- Matte painter
For payment of fees (DD, Cheque, Online bank transfer):
Ajeenkya D Y Patil Uni Seamedu Escrow account