Duration :3 years
Eligibility : 12th Pass Any Stream
Going beyond Journalism, there is a need for a media course that also concentrates on Digital content. With changes in news formats in print, television, and digital, there is a need for a course that gives a comprehensive knowledge of producing content for all platforms. With Media convergence, the same skill set is needed for different platforms therefore a course emphasizing multitasking is the need of the hour. Apart from journalism basics and techniques, there is a need for a course that also concentrates on ethics in journalism.
- Understand the process of gathering and analyzing content
- Develop anchoring and interview skills for Live Production
- Develop writing skills for different media platforms
- Hands-on experience with Camera and Audio gear to produce Audio-Visual Content
- Produce content for digital media
- Understand trends in Indian and global media
- Learn the techniques of Live studio production
- Produce Documentaries
- Learn software like Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, and Premier Pro to produce media content
- Learn the skills of Data Analysis and presenting
- PR and Corporate communication to help you work with big corporate companies
- Learn the skills of Investigative Journalism
What will you explore as part of the program?
- Work closely in audio-visual and visual projects
- Apply research skills for media content production
- Effectively work in Advertising, PR, and corp Comm industry
- Intricately involved society and culture in projects
- Basic understanding of fundamentals of media and communication studies.
- Produce various formats of audio-visual news
- Write for different formats of news
- Report authentic news stories in different challenging situations
- Work as anchors for any news channel or news portal
- Work on various news issues ranging from local, national to International.
How will you be taught?
Classroom Sessions, Group discussions, presentations, movie/video screenings, workshops, seminars, hands-on practical sessions, Studio sessions, outdoor sessions, debate sessions.
How you will spend your time On-field Reporting, Anchoring in the studio and outdoors, planning events and recording them, making short videos, documentary making, researching various media topics, writing research papers, writing stories, and developing content for social media.
Ideal Skills & Qualities for this Program:
Students should have an inclination towards being updated with current affairs, reading and viewing the daily news, writing their thoughts, should be comfortable facing the camera, striking a conversation with unknown people for their news, making contacts, and also being updated with newer technological changes.
Career & Opportunities:
- Content Writer
- Production Intern
- Digital Content Creator
- Project Researcher
- Floor Manager
For payment of fees (DD, Cheque, Online bank transfer):
Ajeenkya D Y Patil Uni Seamedu Escrow account