Duration :2 years | 4 semesters
Eligibility : Minimum 50% marks in aggregate in B.Arch or equivalent courses recognized by the apex body. Valid GATE score/ Mah- M.Arch CET 2020 score
Admission Process :ACET(ADYPU Common Entrance Test) and personal interview.
Intake :20 seats
Masters of Architecture (Environmental Arch) at ADYPU:
The School of Architecture was established in the year 2011. Within a short span of 9 years the school has established itself as one of the top 5 institutes in Pune region due to the learning environments it offers, sincerity to the ethos of education, healthy faculty to student ratio, infrastructure and top-class faculty. The institute has flourished with the introduction of the Masters of Architecture (Environmental Arch) program in 2013.
The learning environment fosters research and creativity, honing professionals who are environmentally conscious, technically sound versatile personalities ready to take their place in the world. The faculty has been the pillar of strength in this endeavor, with their hard work and dedication towards the students and loyalty towards the institute. The excellent infrastructure, as per the Council of Architecture norms, complements the learning environment. The school remains the preferred destination for students to pursue world class architectural education in Maharashtra.
- The mission of the school is to lead architectural education, foster research in architecture and prepare students for successful & innovative practice.
- The program seeks to fill identified gaps by providing quality education based on research and inquiry underlined by ethics, to promote excellence in Environmental architectural practice by demonstrating engagement with the environment and community planning and to instill life-long learning habits.
Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities have been a major part of the student’s life on this campus. Sports and Cultural activities are an integral part of the academic calendar. The annual sports meet of School of Architecture is the most awaited event , where students, faculty and non-teaching staff participate whole- heartedly is the most awaited event. This ensures bonding and healthy competition which reflects positively on the work out-put of students and staff alike. Cultural events are also participated in by all. The events are conceived and executed in entirety by the students under the guidance of Faculty which adds a unique dimension to our student’s personalities. The special grooming and counseling offered has helped students to be confident and poised graduates at the time of entering the profession. Five Batches of Post-Graduate students ENS 13, 14,15,16,17 have earned their M Arch Degree since 2013 and ENS 19 is awaiting for their results.
- Senior experienced & practicing environmental architects as visiting faculty in every studio for industrial & practical knowledge.
- Dedicated Full time faculty with specialization in Environmental Architecture & Environmental planning as per COA norms.
- Focus on workshops, seminars and interaction with prominent industry experts.
- Fully equipped library and resource centre
- Well-equipped studios.
- Teaching focus on Professional practice, environment and research.
- Live Projects taken up for environmental design studios.
- Regular site visits and field trips.
- Institutional Member of Indian Green Building Council (IGBC)
Course structure of Architecture:
The mission of the school is to lead architectural education, foster research in architecture and prepare students for successful & innovative practice.
The profession of Architecture actively deals with human life, its aspirations, expectations and predictions for the future. Thus, the professional, moral and ethical responsibility of an Architect is immense. To fulfill this role in the society, an Architect needs to develop higher order thinking, be strong in theory and critical thinking along with research and professional qualifications.
The ethos of School of Architecture can be summarized as-
Environment, Research and Professional Practice
Program Educational Objectives
- The program offers balanced academic and practical content. Students explore the latest developments in environmental design theory and practice; and there are also opportunities to participate in on-going research projects in the industry.
- To prepare students for a meaningful and successful Professional Practice and Career in Architecture and contribute to the society and environment.
- Acquire a sensitive approach towards environment to benefit life on the planet.
The Curricular Progression:
To understand how buildings behave, the physics behind it and to design buildings based on climate responsive passive design principles and thermal comfort.
To study various technologies and systems to achieve energy efficiency with a focus on HVAC etc.
To design energy efficient buildings through a holistic understanding of systems for energy efficiency with a focus on renewable. To expose students to various tools to assess and measure sustainability.
To learn a methodical approach towards study and analysis through research and writing.
To develop environmental sensitivity at a larger urban scale by working on Live Projects. The students are also exposed to issues concerning sustainability at the planning level. Introduction to various Environmental Architectural Theories and develop the research skills.
To lay emphasis on faculty assisted but self-initiated learning process.
1. Architect in specialized fields:
- Environmental/ Sustainable
2. Architect in Practise:
- Green Building Consultant
- ECBC Trainer
- EIA Consultant
- Entrepreneur (can setup his own office)
3. Architect in Academics:
4. Architect in Allied fields:
- GIS Consultant
- Energy Auditor