- ADYPU shall admit Ph.D. students through an ADYPU Ph.D. Entrance Test which will be conducted once a year.
- Applicants who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF) /UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / GATE / lectureship or have passed M.Phil. Program will be exempt from appearing the ADYPU Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- ADYPU, on an annual basis, will decide a pre-determined and manageable number of Ph.D. Scholars to be admitted depending on the number of available Research Supervisors and the existing academic infrastructure and scholar- teacher ratio.
- ADYPU will notify and communicate well in advance all relevant information regarding the Ph.D. Program on its website and through advertisement in at least two (2) newspapers, of which at least one (1) shall be in the regional language.
- ADYPU shall maintain the list of all the Ph.D. registered students on its website on year-wise basis. The list shall include the name of the registered candidate, topic of his/her research, name of his/her supervisor/co-supervisor, date of enrolment/registration.
ADYPU Ph.D. Program: A Two-Stage Process
Ph.D. Entrance Test: An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
Interview / viva-voce: An interview / viva-voce to be organized by the ADYPU when the candidates are required to present their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Doctoral Research Committee.