Ajeenkya D Y Patil University (School of Design) is hosting an inter-school Design ‘Hack’-a-thon for students in Grade 10 to Grade 12. The hackathon will be an opportunity for students to understand the basis skillsets required to be a designer and will wind their creative thought process towards problem solving. Participation in such design competitions will additionally help them in making a career choice in future.
Categories for participation -
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Product Design
- Transportation Design
- User Experience Design
- Digital Modelling
Why to participate
- Learn the 21st century skills - Teamwork, Communication, Critical thinking, problem solving, Information literacy, Social responsibility, and others.
- Get mentored by Design experts
- Hands-on experience of designing a solution
- Get participation certificate and Scholarship from Institute
- Students currently studying in 10th, 11th or 12th Grade.
- Students will participate in Team (minimum 2 and maximum 4 members)
- One challenge
- One day
- Seven Hours
The standard 6 Stage process of Design thinking, will be followed -
The Design Hackathon will be conducted online. Zoom or Google meet will be used for giving brief lectures on each stage of the process. Students will be requested to connect with their teammates via Google meet.
The participating teams will be supported by Student mentors and Faculties from the institute. Every step of the process will be explained in detail during the event.
Submission of the final design solution
The solution will be presented in the form of 5 images and a short video defining each stage of the problem statement and the proposed design solution.
- One overall winner and five top projects in each category will be awarded cash/kind prizes and a certificate of merit.
- Scholarships will be provided to select students for pursuing courses in design from the University.
- Step 1: Form your team (Your teammates can be from different schools)
- Step 2: Fill the registration form. There is no registration fee for participation
- Step 3: Save the email address (adypu_dh@.... ) for any further communication
For any queries, please contact us at adypu_dh@....