Best Hotel Management Courses After 12th
Published On : 09thOct, 2019
You’ve just completed your HSC examinations. A landmark indeed!
There must be an outpouring of career advices from every nook and corner.
Choosing the right course after higher secondary is very important, since the professional career of an individual starts with his/her graduation. If you have career aspirations to do something meaty in the hospitality industry, want to make your guests happy, hotel management is the career for you.
The hospitality industry is where aspiring students can pursue a bright and rewarding career. Hotel management courses are being pursued by millions worldwide who want to become pros in various nuances of the hospitality sector.
Hotel Management: A lucrative career option after HSC
Managing a hotel comes with a range of responsibilities. You must be able to adapt to new challenges, help different departments and ensure the hotel maintains a standard of excellence. As a hotel manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and having a strong knowledge of finance, planning, service and organization. While you have a team of managers working alongside you, as hotel manager you have to lead rather than follow. You must also make sure your staff is managing their time and departments efficiently, whether that is through improving their monthly profits or simply ensuring a guest’s expectations are exceeded.
How to get started?
The world of hospitality continues to expand. It is one of the world’s fastest-growing industries, and will create over 80 million new jobs over the next ten years. The travel and tourism sector will account for one in nine jobs by the year 2026. ADYPU’s School of Hotel Management combines practical and academic understanding to help you succeed in the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. Many are accredited by leading professional bodies in tourism and hospitality.
Choose your tourism and hospitality course…
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
B.Sc. Culinary Arts
Diploma Hotel Operations (DHO)
B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Minimum qualification necessary for a hotel management course is 10+2. Depending on the cost and duration of the course, one can opt for a certificate, diploma or degree course.
- Certificate courses can be of six months to one year duration, a diploma of two years and a degree course of three year duration.
- Selection for government recognized colleges and institutes are done through the common entrance test held in April every year. The test consists of multiple choice questions in English, Reasoning, General Science and General knowledge.
Career opportunities in the hotel management industry
There are exciting times for graduates seeking jobs in the hotel management industry. Since a hotel has many departments functioning such as Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, Security etc. one can opt for a field of their liking and pursue a career and successfully grow in it.
Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management diploma holders /graduates can find good jobs in:
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations (for eg: state tourism development corporations)
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Kitchen Management (in hotels or running canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.)
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self employment (as an entrepreneur)
Why choose ADYPU for Hotel Management Courses?
These courses are designed to give you the opportunity to develop the specialist skills and knowledge needed for management within the global hotel industry. You’ll get to learn about the management of hotel products and services in a global economy, and we will encourage you to develop a strategic approach to the ever-changing business, economic and social demands placed on the international hotel sector. You will acquire specific knowledge and more general skills, including global marketing, operations for room, food and drink, and issues facing the industry today.
Watch the exclusive video here.
Prepare for a career at the highest levels of hospitality, a sector which offers rapid career progression with the best in class hotel management courses by ADYPU. Boost your professional credibility on a course accredited by the Institute of Hospitality. In here, you will have the best of both worlds. Not only will you graduate from a leading university- you will develop your industry knowledge and professional skills by working with the best hotels, alongside your studies.
Start your foodpreneur journey today!