School of Information Technology Banner
School of Information Technology Left sidebar
- BCA Cloud Technology And Information Security(CT & IS)
- B.C.A – Data science
- BCA Mobile Application & Cloud Technology(MA & CT)
- B. Tech Cloud Technology And Information Security(CT & IS)
- B. Tech Mobile Application & Cloud Technology( MA & CT)
- B.Sc. Animation and VFX
- B.Tech - IT (Data Science)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- B Sc – Gaming
- Post-Graduation Diploma (PGD) With Specialization in Cloud Technology (CT) Program Year 2018-19
- Post-Graduation Diploma (PGD) With Specialization in Cyber Security (CS) Program Year 2018-19
B.Tech - IT (Data Science) Content
Duration : 4 Years Full-Time
Eligibility : The minimum qualification required to apply is a pass in the 10+2 examination from PUC / ISC / CBSE or equivalent board or a programme recognized as equivalent there to by the university.
Why the Program
- IDC in a modest & specific prediction, has forecasted the market for big data technology and services to grow at a 23.1% compound annual growth rate, reaching $48.6 billion in 2019.
- Forrester says that in 2016, machine learning will begin to replace manual data wrangling and data governance dirty work, and vendors will market these solutions as a way to make data ingestion, preparation, and discovery quicker.
- IDC predicts that by 2020, organizations able to analyze all relevant data and deliver actionable information will achieve an extra $430 billion in productivity benefits over their less analytically oriented peers.
- Gartner says, by 2017, 10% of businesses will have a separate business unit dedicated to productizing data. The goal of these business units, headed up by Chief Analytics Officers (CAOs), Chief Data Officers (CDOs), and Chief Information Officers (CIOs), are to empower users throughout the organization with tools, instead of just provide static reports and dashboards.
- Data is no longer a nice-to-have. It is now a core part of businesses. The need to access all sources of data, big data included, that are now available and able to be accessed is critical to business growth.
- A new species of techie is in demand these days—not only in Silicon Valley, but around the world. "Data scientists are the new superheroes".
- A study by McKinsey projects that "by 2018, the U.S. alone may face a 50 percent to 60 percent gap between supply and requisite demand of deep analytic talent."
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) has predicted in June 2016 that big data analytics sector in India is expected to witness eight-fold growth to reach $16 billion by 2025 from the current level of $2 billion.
- According to research from the Everest Group and Avendus Capital, India holds anywhere from 35-50% of the global analytics services market. But do we know how to manage it?
- The data analytics services market in India is expected to grow at an exponential rate in coming decade as an increasing number of enterprises deploy solutions to derive meaningful insights from their databases, says a study by financial services firm Avendus Capital.
- The analytical firms are positioning India as an emerging hub for analytics solutions across the globe. The big data and analytics industry is witnessing a rapid growth driven by increased demand for cloud based and predictive analytics solutions by industries such as BFSI, retail, telecom and healthcare.
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning algorithms have advanced rapidly to enable the development of machines that can now do tasks that require deep expertise and skills.
- The Program
Students after completing this program will be able to
- Apply a set of data science principles, tools and techniques to model various real world business problems, analyze them, and suggest a suitable solution by communicating relevant findings and effectively presenting results using appropriate data visualization techniques.
- Recognize various issues in everyday business; apply data science understanding and make well-reasoned data-driven management decisions to help organizations to get an edge over competition.
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of any business core deliverables.
A data scientist is an expert who takes a business problem, translates it to a data question, create predictive models to answer the question and finally story-tell about the findings.
Data scientists are the bridge between the programming and implementation of data science, the theory of data science, and the business implications of data. They are supposed to amalgamate different fields of expertise like statistics and probability, computer science, machine learning and mathematics to help organizations describe, predict and prescribe the appropriate decision making and future direction for the business.
Students after completing this novel and first of its own kind B. Tech. course specialization, will be able to create "data-driven systems" for different industry domains and verticals, help organizations take right decisions to keep them ahead vis-à-vis their competition.
Opportunities in the field of data science for the students will be to work as Data Scientists who would create the model that would help machines create those distinctions. They would be able to think through the types of data they need, from manually tagged photos to keywords in image captions to find frauds in credit card transactions to recommend online advertisement to intelligent learning to personalized medicine and many more